Electrolytic West Water Technology is an evolving and emerging field in the treatment of waste water. It is unconventional non biological & chemical free technology. It has the potential to treat effectively the waste water compared to conventional treatment. It has potential to remove even non biological & toxics companiment from the waste streams. The system are compact modular in construction, packaged & noiseless on operation.
Electrolysis is a technique involving the passage of electricity through the effluent. The electrical current destabilizes dissolved colloidal particles and alters the charge on suspended particles permitting purification of water.
GENERAL SPECIFICATION :
|Sr. No||Parameters||Inlet||Outlet After|
|2||TSS||200-300||< 10 ppm|
|3||BOD||250-350||< 30 ppm|
|4||COD||400-500||< 100 ppm|
SPECIAL FEATURES OF ELECTROLYSIS.
• The design uses a unique bipolar technology.
• It is modular in construction.
• It can be designed for either batch or continuous operation.
• 4. It is custom designed & easily expandable.
• It can be retrofitted in the existing facility.
• Pollution removal rates in most cases - more than 95%.
Electrolysis Process V/s Conventional Biological Activated Sludge Process.
• Does not generate greenhouse gases.
• Does not deplete atmospheric oxygen.
• Emits low carbon.
• Non chemical, non-biological process.
• No need to maintain biomass, ph, temperature.
• Accelerated start up.
• Conserves more water due to better quality treatment.
• hock load can be easily tackled.
• Independent of toxicity.
• Generates less sludge with better dewatering.
• Easily expandable.
• Ease of operation and maintenance Less moving parts, less maintenance.
• High performance to cost ratio.
Conventional Biological Activated Sludge Process
• Generates greenhouse gases.
• Deplete atmospheric oxygen (microbiological process).
• Emits carbon Needs chemicals for disinfection.
• Needs to maintain biomass, pH, temperature.
• Prolonged startup period.
• Conserves less water due to poor quality treatment.
• Shock load cannot be tackled Toxicity destroys microbes, restoration takes time.
• Noisy because of aerators (associated drive).
• Generates more sludge with lower dewatering.
• Difficult to expand.
• Difficult to operate and maintain.
• More moving parts, more maintenance Low performance to cost ration.