Ceramic Membrane Technology
The use of ceramics (compared to polymers) offers a narrow pore size distribution exactly matching the components to be separated, resistance against aggressive chemicals, high temperatures, a high and constant flux and a long service life. Ceramic carriers are an ideal base for membranes and micro-filtration applications in the chemical, pharmaceutical and food industry as well as in water and wastewater processing.
The supports for the membrane elements are made from a-aluminum oxide or silicon carbide with open pores. This material can provide not only maximum permeability but can also fulfill high requirements relating to mechanical stability. These supports are either for a single channel or a multi-channel design. A membrane layer of a define texture only a few mm thick is applied to the inner side of the channels in a sandwich-type process and connected monolithically. Fluid Sep Technologies provide the best solutions in below application and industries.
- product separation and cleaning.
- concentration of polymer suspensions and metal hydroxide solutions.
- separation of catalysts.
- recovery of dyes and pigments.
- desalination of products.
- cleaning and recycling of organic solvents.
Metal industry/Surface engineering
- recycling and disposal of degreasing and rinsing bathes.
- treatment of oil/water emulsions.
- recovery of heavy metals.
- cleaning of wastewater from grinding processes.
- treatment of wastewater form glass and glass fiber production.
Textiles/Pulp and paper industry
- concentration, fractionation, isolation and sterilization for antibiotics, enzymes, proteins, amino acids and vitamins.
- separation, concentration and dewatering of biomass and algae.
- disposal of fat emulsions.
- separation of yeast.
Food and beverages
- clarification of juice and beer.
- concentration of juice.
- sterilization of milk and whey.
- separation and fractionation of milk and whey ingredients.
- desalination of whey.
- dewatering of products.
- purification of drinking water.
Recycling and environment
- COD/BOD reduction.
- oil/water separation.
- recovery of pharmaceuticals and pesticides.
- retention of microorganinsm.
- retention of heavy metals and radioactive substances.
- recycling of water form swimming pools.
- purification of the drain of sewage plants.